Global innovation map, China's ranking is eye-catching
cankaoxiaoxi· 2019-10-28 11:03:01
The Spanish Royal Elcano Institute website published an article on October 24th, according to the recently released 2019 Global Innovation Index report, innovation activities remain healthy throughout the world. . However, the dynamics of innovation between geographical regions vary widely. Asia and Africa have shown great vitality. On the other hand, Spain and Latin America have stagnated or even regressed.
The article said that for Spain, this has become a new focus, and other studies on Spain's international competitiveness have pointed out the country's shortcomings in this area, as well as the need to strengthen the promotion of innovation activities. Urgency.
The Global Innovation Index is compiled by three leading institutions, the World Intellectual Property Organization, Cornell University and Yingshi International Business School, which ranks 130 economies worldwide based on dozens of indicators. . These indicators include the degree of collaboration between universities and businesses, the number of patent applications, high-tech imports and exports, software spending, education spending, and so on.
This year's "Global Innovation Index" shows that < Strong> Global investment in R&D is still growing rapidly, and its growth rate has exceeded the growth rate of the global economy. From 1996 to 2016, global R&D spending doubled. In 2017, the total investment in R&D by governments in all economies of the world increased by 5% over the previous year, and the total investment in R&D by enterprises in various economies increased by 6.7%.
One of the biggest threats to future innovation activities is trade protectionism, especially in technology-intensive industries.
Switzerland, Sweden and the United States rank among the top three in the Global Innovation Index. From the overall ranking, developed countries still dominate the field of innovation activities. Of the top 15 economies, 8 are from Europe.
From a geographical perspective, the global innovation trend has the following Some aspects worth emphasizing:
(1) China ranked 14th (by 3rd place in 2018), ahead of Japan. China is the highest ranked emerging economy.
(2) Asian economies are generally ranked higher, especially in emerging economies. After China, the second-highest emerging Asian economy is Malaysia (35th), followed by Vietnam (42nd) and Thailand (43rd).
(3) The rankings of advanced Asian economies are also very high: Singapore (8th), South Korea (11th), Hong Kong (13th), Japan (15th).
(4) Overall, five of the top 15 economies are Asian economies.
(5) Africa shines in innovation that is commensurate with its level of development. Of the 18 “successful economies” assessed by the Global Innovation Index (an economy that has achieved outstanding results in innovations commensurate with its level of development), six are from sub-Saharan Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Malawi, Mozambique, Burundi and South Africa).
(6) Regrettably, Latin American economies are generally ranked lower in various competitiveness studies. As always, the highest ranked Latin American economy is Chile, ranking 51st, followed by Costa Rica (55th) and Mexico (56th). The low ranking of Argentina (No. 73) has attracted attention and ranks only seventh among Latin American economies.
The article says that the interesting thing about the study is that it It analyzes the role of innovative urban agglomerations and gives the rankings of the 100 most important innovative urban agglomerations in the world. The United States (26) remains the economy with the most innovative urban agglomerations, followed by China (18). The rankings of innovative urban agglomerations in Asia have improved significantly, especially in China's innovative urban agglomerations. Compared with 2018, the ranking of Guangzhou urban agglomeration increased by 11 to 21, and the ranking of Hangzhou urban agglomeration increased by 11 to 30.
Article Editing|Tang Libin
WeChat Editor | Tian Xin
WeChat Review | Yang Sihan
Foreign media: Trade war has plunged US exports to China
Chinese Embassy in Australia: People who don’t smear China are not welcome
74-year-old Duterte admits that health is bright red: life is damaging my health
Peru is now mysteriously painted, this time is the figure of the humanoid...
Hong Kong media: US politicians use Hong Kong as a tool for China's struggle
Heartache University became a mob "Arsenal", Hong Kong citizens made bold...
The "magic pills" of the Soviet Union "fudged the United States"
US media analysis: The United States is unable to make up for the loss of...
The "black hand" behind the scenes of the Hong Kong chaos is sitting down.